Saturday, March 6, 2010

blue bayou

Something amazing about this city is the scales. For instance you go to starbucks or timothy's and ask for a small coffee and they give you half a gallon of coffee. The other thing I cannot understand is the size of the entrance doors to malls or subway. they are not only huge but also very heavy. I have trouble opening them not because of their weight but for the way they open. You should pull them in , not push them out. It may confuse you at first before you get used to it.

The other size problem is dresses, I always should look for XS (extra small) or size 00 ! It makes you feel you are a lilliputian outside your island.

Today we went to lease a car, we lilliputians prefer small cars , so we went for a Yaris toyota. One thing I love about it, is the color. The color name is "blue bayou" which is a song from Roy Orbison too. You can hear it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-rlECiW4BA When you ride.

I should first get my drivers license here. I hope soon, because you can not easily live in here without a car. Car is your leg. your saviour if you are not used to the strong wind and winters of toronto. It's almost a necessity. at least for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment